Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The results are in...now what?








In sort of a piggyback to my last post, and the issue of women's suffrage, I came across this image in my search for responses to the outcome of the election. Being from a conservative state following the win of Obama was quite an experience, I witnessed some things via facebook and twitter posts that one would hope this country had overcome. This image may not be as blatantly hateful as some of the more choice posts by my fellow Kentuckians, and it probably is backing a more liberal message, but it really got me to think about the hate mongering that an election spurs on. This elephant clearly representing Mitt Romney, and his feelings toward woman's rights being expressed during the campaign for the presidency, and then the subsequent outcome of those ideals on the way the election progressed. It seems to be stating that due to Romney's very conservative ideas on the way that women should be treated had a negative effect on the way that women voters acted in the poll booth. I think this image is successful in bringing up this topic, and poking fun at the matter. It is easy to read the message, and clearly is a reaction to the outcome of the 2012 election. I think that in some cases people overreact to the new people, or the remainder of people, in office can come across as uninformed and influenced mostly by spur of the moment emotions and reactions. This image is effective for me because of its lack of overly emotional hate filled ideas.

1 comment:

  1. What is interesting is the assumption that all women have the same political views and vote as a block. We all know that's not the case. We'll see what happens to the general discourse on the right over the next 4 years. I think there are plenty of intelligent conservatives who are fully aware of the impact of bigotry and sexism on the GOP brand. They must push back on this.

    ReplyDelete